Since 2003, LCN has provided computer access sites to the public within the community and is evolving into a wireless network project, in partnership with local and national businesses and organizations.
The Society of the Lethbridge Community Network is a not-for-profit society that provides public access to computers, education and information technology; reaching those who may not otherwise have the opportunity to benefit from the technical world and internet through Public computer access sites in southern Alberta. Its public mandate is funded by government support, local grants and in part by offering computer services: IT and Networking Support, Database Solutions and Web Design to not for profits in the area.
LCN forged into the technical services industry to provide IT services to other not-for-profits on a service contract basis, (hourly) and developing databases for consulting services and beginning a complete, full-service web design, development and hosting division.
LCN also provides training courses on basic computer skills/use and recently Social Media courses to senior citizens and financially challenged citizens in the community.
Lethbridge Community Network is hiring for the following Information Communication & Technology Youth internship positions:
• Computer Desktop Support in Taber Work with internal and external staff to assist in computer support roles.
• Computer Repair and Support Technician LCN is an authorized refurbisher and a recycle of electronics. Your role will be to manage the inventories of notebooks and computers and ensure that reuseable machines are updated and ready for distribution or sales within the community.
• Web Designers and Programmers We have a lot of web work available. From designing, coding and programming.
• Social Media and Marketing Associate Create a social media strategy and execute the plan on behalf of multiple clients.
• Project Coordinator for managing speciic projects and logistics Bring your project management skills and interest to see your work come to fruition by moving some existing projects forward, while staying organized and networking on new initiatives.
• Computer Training Coordinator and Instructors for Basic Computer courses and Social Media LCN teaches computer courses (basic courses to 4-6 students at a time, and advanced to individuals) from October to March. Take control of this project and coordinate the classes and teaching staff in Lethbridge, Coaldale and Picture Butte. You must love teaching :)
• Web developer to facilitate Google map overlays Assist in developing a few programs (web based) for our clients.
• Network administrator to manage a network of 40 plus computers in remote locations Help set up and monitor a domain of 40 plus computers. Work on updating the computers and workign with group policies and pushing updates to the network.
These positions are through Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada'sYouth Internship programand are based on full-time (400-600 hours), paid internships throughto March 31, 2017 for eligibleYouth (age 15-30 yrs)
Please submit a covering letter, expressing your interest, and a resume to:
Alan Schneider, Executive Director
Positions are government funded and defined selection criteria for these positions apply, based on program guidelines. Positions will commence immediately and run through March 2016, with the possibility of extending roles based on funding.
PLEASE review the Powerpoint Presentation, "Who is Lethbridge Community Network" and its Urban Wi-FI Initiative" that shares an overview of before applying. (Yes there might be some interview questions based on this presentation).
The ability to work independently - while also being part of a team is important for these roles to succeed. Both roles carry administrative and office management responsibilities suited for an entry level position and share responsibility in attaining for the association's overall goals and projects.
Each position requires a self-starter, mature and responsible person. Your experience and skill sets are important in the hiring decision, but with the right personality, character and professional approach to getting things done, you could be well on your way to starting your career.
The environment is in the not for profit sector, surrounded by technology. So, please let us know your relative level of understanding of technology (from IT support, software, social media, design, programming).
We are interested in quality, motivation, accountability and responsibility in the people who become part of our team. If you believe you have a lot to offer, send us your credentials.
NOTE: applications without above information requested will not be accepted. Local applicants preferred.
Managing over 60 public access computers in the community.
Supporting the computer and networks of not-for-profit organizations in southern Alberta.
From only $399 receive a complete, responsive web site for your business or organization.
Working with graduates of local education institutions, we produce results.
LCN's office is open to the public for internet access, faxing, printing or copying. Come visit us!